Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and invisible gas often referred to as the “silent killer.”
This deadly gas is emitted by a number of household appliances and pipes. The only way to safeguard
against carbon monoxide is with carbon monoxide detectors. These detectors should, just like smoke detectors,
be in every house or apartment. Landlords are required by law to supply, install, and routinely inspect
these detectors to ensure the safety of tenants.
Carbon monoxide detectors constantly read the level of CO in a home and if the gas reaches a dangerous
level, the alarm will sound.
A landlord can potentially be held liable for a death or injury of a tenant related to carbon monoxide
poisoning in his or her property. A landlord is responsible for the following:
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed by CO poisoning due to the neglect of a landlord,
contact the Rhinelander personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to
learn more about your legal options