Avon Products has announced via the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website that they were recalling 113,000 warming polar bears due to the risk of fire and burns.
The bears were sold individually for $13 or as part of a gift set for $110. They were recalled because the bears, which were manufactured in China, show a good chance of overheating when placed in an oven. This overheating can cause them to start fires or cause burns.
So far, there have been limited incidents of burns or fires but the company is not taking any chances.
If you have been burned or injured due to a defective product, contact the Rhinelander defective product lawsuit attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 1-800-369-5990 to discuss your case and to determine your legal options.