McDonald's recalls four Shrek promo glasses because there was toxic cadmium in the paint on them. This issue has called for a voluntary recall by the U.S. Product Safety Commission.
The paint on the glasses would not cause immediate harm to the children, but could cause long-term harm if the paint came off on the children's hands and they ingested it. The effected Shrek glasses include Shrek, Princess Fiona, Puss in Boots and Donkey.
Cadmium is used in rechargeable batteries, plastics and the manufacture of plastics. It is thought by officials that seven million of the Shrek glasses have been sold.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective consumer product, contact the Rhinelander products liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling 800-242-2874 today.