Mercury is a dangerous substance that can cause a number of physical and mental complications if a person is exposed to it. Unfortunately, many properties contain remnants of mercurial substances, as it was once used in everything from batteries to thermometers, potentially putting visitors at risk of mercury exposure and poisoning. If a person is exposed to mercury, he or she might suffer serious health consequences as a result. As such, property owners who fail to contain mercurial substances on their properties can be held responsible for any injuries a person sustains on the premises, including those associated with mercury poisoning.
It is important to recognize the signs of mercury poisoning, as quick treatment allows a victim the best chance of a full recovery. The following are common indicators of exposure to mercury:
Because treating mercury poisoning can be expensive, people who suffer from this devastating health problem due to property owner negligence should consider taking legal action against the person or party at fault for their exposure. This can allow them to secure the financial compensation they need for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
If you or someone that you love has been the victim of mercury poisoning because of a negligent property owner, contact the qualified attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C today by calling 800-242-2874. We may be able to help you decide what action to take to hold the negligent property owner accountable for his or her mistakes.